Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dead or Alive: Our Joe Pye Weed

After a months of hard work and labor, our Bee Garden in Rand Park is finally starting to get planted.  The plant we have right now is Joe Pye Weed (Eupatorium).  It is great for attracting bees and other pollinators.  We're still waiting on our Purple Milkweed though.  I went to see how our garden was doing today and some of them aren't looking that good.


I really hope that these start to look better because it is so sad to see them drooping over like that.  Luckily however, our other Joe Pye Weed is doing better though.


See! Look how much better these are doing.  I just watered all of our plants in Rand Park today so hopefully they will all start to look better and will stop drooping.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Kevin, not to fear! Those droopy plants were from my garden and I kind of just yanked them out of the ground without much care. So, I will get you some healthier ones. But I am tickled pink that you watered your plants. These plants are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got great news for you, Kevin: there is growth on the droopy Joe Pye Weed! I think it's going to make it. I look forward to seeing what your garden looks like when school starts again in September. I'm thinking the E squared/Kevin squared/Ben garden is going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete